I heard some women the other day complaining about their kids watching SpongeBob SquarePants. If you’ve never watched it, you should. It’s quite amusing and if you watch real close you just might learn something.
The first time I ever saw SpongeBob I couldn’t understand why he was wearing a fishbowl on his head. My son explained that he’s a sponge, lives under the sea, and the fishbowl is so that he can still breathe while visiting his friend, Sandy Squirrel, on land. Ok, I thought. What will they think of next?
SpongeBob has been a favorite ever since then. Unless I’m trying to take a nap. No one can sleep through SpongeBob’s laugh, can they? Dad loves the show and he tells my granddaughter that I won’t let him watch SpongeBob unless she’s visiting! Totally not true! But I digress.
I got to thinking the other day, there are a lot of things to be learned from good ol’ SpongeBob and company! Let’s take a look!!
1. Be optimistic! Don’t be a sour puss like Squidward.
2. Just Be Yourself!
3. Be kind to others. A little kindness goes a long way.
4. It’s ok to have friends who are different than you.
5. Use your imagination!
6. It’s ok to fail. Keep trying!
7. Do what you love, love what you do.
8. Laugh. Find humor in everything. It makes life a little more interesting!
9. Let your weird shine. It’s ok to be different.
10. Be helpful to others.