“How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank
What are you doing to make the world a better place?
10 Things You Can Do Today:
- Recycle paper, plastics, glass, aluminum. Find your local recycling center and get busy!
- Show kindness wherever you go! Smile at everyone. You aren’t the only one who may be having a rough time.
- Use less plastic. Switch to reusable grocery totes instead of plastic bags when shopping.
- Donate money to a local charity or donate clothing to a women’s shelter, or local charity.
- Cook a meal for a shut in. Be sure to find out about dietary needs and that your meal will be accepted. Some may not accept food from someone they don’t know. You could cook your parents or grand parents a meal, or your neighbor.
- If you’re able, walk or run a mile for charity! Good for others and good for your body, too.
- Volunteer at a local hospital, nursing home, or shelter.
- Volunteer at an animal shelter. Animals need love and care, too.
- Support small businesses! Instead of buying from the big guys, see if you can find your needs through small, family-owned businesses. They are working harder than the big guys to provide for their family, and/or put their children through school.
- Offer to mow your neighbor’s front lawn when you do yours!
There are so many ways to make the world a better place! What other ways can you think of?