As I prepare to leave 2018 behind, I’m thinking about my life and how much stronger I am today. I detest “New Year’s Resolutions” because after a few short days (maybe even weeks) those resolutions are forgotten. Instead, I’m focusing on who I am today.
- I’m a good person with many flaws, but I try to better myself every day.
- I have regrets, but I refuse to get stuck in the past.
- I value honesty, respectfulness, love, manners, and education.
- I have a great sense of humor. Sometimes, I can literally crack myself up!
- I love my family. I would die for my children and my grandchildren.
- I love animals and I have a great reverence for nature.
- My furbabies fill my heart each day as they allow me to love and care for them.
- I despise drug pushers, thieves, and abusers. ZERO tolerance!
- I am very self-conscious about my looks, my body, my writing, and even my voice.
- I believe I’m a good friend. I always listen, offer encouragement, and advice if asked.
- I value my alone time. I might read or write, listen to music, or watch tv. Sometimes crocheting eases my mind better than anything else.
- I am an introvert, but when I’m within my own circle I’m not shy and I tend to be more vocal.
- I tend to have a stubborn streak when it comes to figuring things out. I will persist until I accomplish my goal!
- I’m not brave but I would stand up for someone being wronged in a heartbeat! I believe everyone is equal. It doesn’t matter what race, religion, or sexual orientation. Don’t go spewing hatred because I will call you out!
- I cannot handle stories of hungry and dying children or animals. I literally cry. It hurts my heart.
I will go into 2019 seeking knowledge and betterment of myself. I will continue to improve my writing, get back on my weight-loss journey, and I will discover new things! I can’t wait!
What are you thinking about tonight as 2018 comes to an end?
Happy New Year to all of you! Thanks for reading my blog!