I was nominated for this award a few weeks ago by The Haunted Wordsmith and I am just now getting around to posting. Shame on me. It’s the life of a pain-ridden, 50-something female… Can’t seem to remember anything these days and when I do, I get side-tracked! Ugh. So anyway, sending a big THANK YOU out to The Haunted Wordsmith for this nomination!
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select 15 other bloggers for this award.
6. Comment on each blog to let them know you’ve nominated them and a link to the post you created.
I started my blog 10 years ago when I was going through some major upheaval in my life. I needed an outlet. I didn’t share anything I wrote with anyone. It was just for me. In the last year or so, I have stepped outside of my comfort zone and started to interact with other bloggers, resulting in my blog being read by others. I have always loved to write….If only I still had the countless journals and diaries I had written as a child and young adult!! Anyway, it was therapeutic to write about what was going on or to write any thoughts that passed through my mind. This blog and my therapist have saved me from definite insanity.
My advice to new bloggers:
- Write whatever the hell you want to write. Don’t let “experts” tell you that you can’t or that you shouldn’t!!
- Don’t worry about stats or how many followers you have. Just write! You will connect with others, don’t worry! There will be other bloggers who can identify with your words but you have to write, and interact.
Blogs I’d like to nominate for this award are as follows!