That word! When you hear someone exclaim, “Gross!!” you know exactly what it means, right? You know there’s something disgusting awaiting your gaze. Do you look or run away? If you look, will you be sorry you did?
Sometimes there’s no escaping the grossness of life. Seems to always be something we don’t want to look at! What do you turn your gaze away from? What makes you want to exclaim, “Gross!!” Here’s my Top 10 list of things I wish I hadn’t seen…or smelled and not in any particular order:
- Moms who use their own clothing to wipe the snot off their kids’ noses! Bring Kleenex for goodness sakes!
- Maggots. We call them the “M Word” in my house. Just the word is enough to make me hurl.
- People who pop huge pimples in front of others. Come on, man! Not everyone thinks it’s ‘neat.’
- The weird kid from elementary school who turned his eyelids up and chased the girls.
- Steven Tyler. Yes, the singer of Aerosmith. Sorry but that man has given me the heebie-jeebies since I was old enough to go “record shopping.” I cannot look at him. One time I had a dream and he was in it. I wouldn’t even look at him in my dream! I’m thankful my brain protects me like that!
- When hunters have to show off their kill on Social Media. Have some freakin’ class! Not everyone thinks killing animals is fun.
- When people blow their noses at the dinner table, or in a restaurant while others are eating. You can walk to the restroom, can’t you? I mean, I’m disabled and I leave the table when I need to blow my nose!
- When one of my furbabies throws up a hairball on my bed. Yuck! Thanks a lot! Time to wash the bedding again!
- Gory, bloody, bone-chopping, scenes in movies. I used to watch slasher films and horror movies when I was younger but as I grew older I just couldn’t watch that stuff anymore. It’s just horrifying. The thing is, I can watch vampires, werewolves, mummies, Godzilla, and supernatural movies until the sun comes up – because I know those things aren’t real. There’s no such thing as those kinds of monsters. There are, however, human monsters who do horrifying things to other human beings and this is why I cannot watch those genres anymore.
- The smell of death. My son had the leg of a deer in the trunk of his (then) girlfriend’s car for weeks. It was disgusting! I can’t figure out why she didn’t tell him to GET IT OUT!!
So, there’s my Top 10. I know there has to be more…
What things do you find totally gross??